SummerWorks Leadership Intensive Program
HOW TO STAY ON YOUR FEET AS AN EMERGING THEATRE CREATOR
S.L.I.P is a professional training program for emerging artists coinciding with the SummerWorks Theatre Festival, August 6-16th, 2009. Participants will take part in Master Classes that explore the practical (producing, finance, marketing, publicity, fundraising, grant writing etc.) to the more abstract (working/dealing with reviewers, integration into the community, etc). All classes will be taught by professional theatre practitioners.
All participants will receive a Festival Pass, allowing you full access to all shows at the 2009 Summerworks Festival.
Ideal candidates are:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary theatre program or artists who have been working in the industry for three years or less.
- Available for the entire duration of the SummerWorks Festival (August 6-16)
- Young artists who have a strong interest in theatre and are eager to become involved in the field in a leadership capacity.
- Send a 2 page (max) letter explaining your interest in the program.
- A resume.
- Support material (optional): We will accept up to 2 pages of support material. This can include letters of support from professional artists, examples of your work etc.
Deadline for application is April 1st, 2009.
Send your application to:
c/o SummerWorks Theatre Festival
P.O. Box 12, Station C
Toronto, ON. M6J 3M7