SummerWorks Leadership Intensive Program (S.L.I.P)
Applications due May 7th!
Now in its second year, the SummerWorks Leadership Intensive Program is a unique professional training intensive for emerging artists, placing a specific focus on the business of arts professionalism. This two week program, coinciding with the SummerWorks Theatre Festival, takes place August 2-15th, 2010.
S.L.I.P offers participants a combination of both theoretical and practical training opportunities. The goal of the program is to offer participants insights into the thinking behind approaching an artistic career from a practical business perspective. Past points of focus have included: Independent Producing, Grant Writing, Financial Planning, Professional Etiquette and The Role of the Reviewer. Some past professionals include: Gideon Arthurs, Naomi Campbell, Derrick Chua, Richard Greenblatt, Jon Kaplan, Nina Lee Aquino, Kelly Nestruck, Ruth Madoc Jones, Andy McKim, Allyson McMackon and many more.
New to S.L.I.P this year, participants will also have the chance to be mentored by companies producing in the Festival. All participants receive a Festival Pass, allowing you full access to SummerWorks shows.
Ideal Candidates Are:
– Emerging artists who have a strong interest/curiosity in theatre and artistic leadership.
– Graduating from post-secondary theatre programs or have been in the industry for up to three years since graduating.
– Available for the entire duration of S.L.I.P (August 2-15, 2010)
– Send a 2 page (max) letter explaining your interest in the program.
– A resume.
– Support material: We will accept up to 2 pages of support material. This can include letters of support from professional artists, examples of your work etc.
Send your application to:
c/o The SummerWorks Theatre Festival
P.O. Box 12, Station C
Toronto, ON. M6J 3M7
Deadline for application is May 7th, 2010 by 5:00 P.M.