SUMMERWORKS IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
THE THEATRE CREATORS’ RESERVE
SummerWorks has been chosen as a recommender for funding by the Ontario Arts Council under its Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program. As part of this program, individual professional artists and collectives can apply for funding directly to SummerWorks using an official OAC application. The program will support creators in the creation and development of new work.
Deadline for applications is December 1, 2010
To see the list of other recommender organizations, OAC program guidelines and the OAC application form please follow this link: http://www.arts.on.ca/Page86.aspx
Please read through all of the program criteria specific to SummerWorks found below
SummerWorks Criteria and Procedure:
– Artists in the early stages of their career.
– Artists interested in exploring untraditional and unique forms of theatrical investigation.
– Auteur-style artists, interested in risk and virtuosity.
– Socially relevant work.
Applications to the SummerWorks program must include the following
– 1-page proposal describing the project.
– Artist biography or Resume of key Artists.
– A sample of the work (this can be text, music, video, etc)
– Support Material (of applicant’s choice)
– 3 signed copies of the OAC application form – click here to download the application form
The Artistic Producer, Michael Rubenfeld and the Artistic Associate, Dan Daley, will shortlist the applicants. A decision regarding selection of artists and allocation of funds will be made. Artists may be contacted for more information and possibly a meeting regarding the project.
Submissions must be mailed or delivered to:
SummerWorks Theatre Festival
c/o Theatre Passe Muraille
54 Wolseley St. 3rd Floor
Attn: Daniel Daley