maybe you will be the glorious reason for us to end our search!
IF YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS PLEASE SEND YOUR PROFESSIONAL MATERIALS TO MICHAEL RUBENFELD: APPLICATIONS@SUMMERWORKS.CA
The SummerWorks Theatre Festival is hiring a new General Manager. This position will have full-time hours. After 21 years of thriving and expanding artistically, the Festival is looking for a General Manager to continue to facilitate this artistic growth while implementing key administrative infrastructure. This individual must be hungry for the exciting challenge of building new systems and significantly influencing the success of a Festival that changes the lives of hundreds of artists each year.
The right person for the job will must show strong initiative and high level of independence, as they will often be working in the office by themselves. They will be expected to keep a tight budget and have very strong communication skills. They should have a very strong work ethic and have the ability to problem solve with creativity. This important individual must have a passion for the arts and administration, and thrives in demanding situations. This person has a strong background in arts administration but is still willing to be flexible and continue to learn.
• Maintains and establishes the calendar and year long critical path.
• Maintains the financial occurrences of the Festival, including some bookkeeping, payments, spending and collecting money, banking, etc.
• Runs and organizes the office.
• Maintain customer, vendor and employee contact information
• Orders Festival merchandise.
• Grant writing, in conjunction with the Artistic Producer.
• Keeps an inventory of all items belonging to SummerWorks.
• Liaises with the theatres.
• In conjunction with the Artistic Producer, responsible for staff hiring, contracts and letters of agreement.
• In conjunction with the Artistic Producer and Development Director, coordinates the annual fundraiser.
• Runs weekly staff meetings.
• 2+ years of experience in arts administration.
• Computer skills, including knowledge of excel and word.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning, team-building and time-management skills.
• High level of efficiency and calm in demanding and high pressure situations.
• Exceptional leadership qualities.
• Must be motivated and meticulous, and passionate about the arts.
The position is year round, with full-time hours. Please submit a cover letter as well as a CV with all relevant experience.