SummerWorks 2012 Applications are NOW ONLINE !!!!
Please visit our website for more information.
The deadline for National Series Applications is January 3, 2012.
The deadline for Local Series Applications is February 1, 2012.
SummerWorks is on the hunt for a Director of Development!
The SummerWorks Theatre Festival began in 1991 as a venue for the producers to produce their work as an alternative to the Fringe Festival. SummerWorks proved quite successful in its first year, and has since grown to become the largest juried theatre festival in Canada. It produces over 40 plays, the majority of them by local theatre artists, and a portion from across Canada. The participants in the Festival range from some of our country’s top theatre artists, to some who are producing for the very first time. The only constant remains the Festival’s commitment to quality. Last year, the Festival attracted over 12,000 patrons to the theatre, and nearly 7,000 to its Music Series.
The SummerWorks Theatre Festival is looking for a Director of Development. This person is a keen and hardworking individual who is passionate about the arts. This person has a strong grasp on fundraising vernacular while understanding the needs of an independent arts organization. A self-starter and highly motivated individual, the Director of Development will be working closely with the General Manager and Artistic Producer in securing long-term, sustainable funding for SummerWorks.
- Seeks out corporate and private sponsorships for the Festival
- Secures and establishes relationships with new donors and funding bodies
- Cultivates relationships with existing donors
- Issues tax receipts and thank you letters
- Ensures proper recognition for funders
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Artistic Producer, coordinates the annual fundraising event and Donor Appreciation Event
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in funding requests in the private and public sectors
- Strong planning and organizational skills
This position is part time.
Please send your cover letter and resume by JANUARY 3, 2012 to Michael Rubenfeld, Artistic Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
SummerWorks is now accepting applications for the Theatre Creators’ Reserve
SummerWorks has been chosen as a recommender for funding by the Ontario Arts Council under its Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program. As part of this program, individual professional artists and collectives can apply for funding directly to SummerWorks using an official OAC application. The program will support creators in the creation and development of new work.
Deadline for applications is January 15, 2012
To see the list of other recommender organizations, OAC program guidelines and the OAC application form please follow this link: http://www.arts.on.ca/Page86.aspx
Criteria and Procedure:
- Artists in the early stages of their career.
- Artists interested in exploring untraditional and unique forms of theatrical investigation.
- Auteur-style artists, interested in risk and virtuosity.
- Socially relevant work.
Applications to the SummerWorks program must include the following
- 1-page proposal describing the project.
- Artist biography or Resume of key Artists.
- A sample of the work (this can be text, music, video, etc)
- Support Material (of applicant’s choice)
- 3 signed copies of the OAC application form – click here to download the application form
The Artistic Producer, Michael Rubenfeld; and the Artistic Intern, Hannah Rittner, will shortlist the applicants. A decision regarding selection of artists and allocation of funds will be made. Artists may be contacted for more information and possibly a meeting regarding the project.
Submissions must be mailed to:
SummerWorks Theatre Festival
P.O. Box 12, Station C
CANADA M6J 3M7
Attn: Hannah Rittner