SEEKING VENUE OPERATIONS MANAGER
The SummerWorks Theatre Festival is seeking a Venue Operations Manager for the 2012 Festival.
The Venue Operations Manager reports to the General Manager and Artistic Producer, and is responsible for coordinating Front of House for all the venues that the festival uses.
In addition to the duties listed below, the Venue Operations Manager is expected to attend all scheduled production meetings, staff meet and greet (date TBD), rehearsals and performances as required by the Festival schedule, and any such which directly affects their duties and responsibilities between June 1st to August 31st, 2012.
Specific Duties include:
- Overall responsibility for Front Of House management of the Festival, including delivery of FOH records at the end of the Festival
- Hiring and training for all front of house managers
- Update FOH Information Book for companies
- Contact and communicate with all theatre companies to discuss any special needs
- Coordinate a working policy with FOH Managers from the rental theatres
- Coordinating and running of Volunteer training, in conjunction with the Assistant Venue Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
- Helping to organize and run ancillary events (parties, etc)
- Updating the Front of House Manual
- Liaise with Box Office representative and PR Manager for any ticketing requirements
- Liaise with Production Manager for scheduling
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills with strong time management and stress management
- Leadership experience with staff and volunteers
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Ontario Driver’s License
Please email resumes and cover letters to Lucy Eveleigh, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary – $3000 (You will be required to do some preparation in May with part time hours in June and July and Full time hours in August. You MUST be available for all the dates of the Festival. (9th-19th August)